Healthcare is a $11.9 trillion industry with a distinct offering. Whether we like it or not, we are all subscribers for life. However, this does not negate our ability to select how, where, and when we interact with the sector, and healthcare providers must sell their services in the same way that any other business does.
When it comes to Healthcare Email marketing, there are some unique issues, considerations, and possibilities to consider. When done correctly, healthcare email marketing enhances the patient experience while also advancing business objectives
What role does Email play in healthcare?
Based on the notion that healthcare is a business like any other, anybody involved with email deployment should be conversant with how it is used. While there are concerns about privacy, it’s important to note that there are currently several rules governing the lawful distribution of email in every Industry, including healthcare.
While healthcare is a complex industry, an Orthodontist will almost obviously advertise his or her services differently than an Oncologist; yet, there are several healthcare email marketing strategies that everyone can employ.
Healthcare Transactional emails
These can be emails verifying and notifying patients about appointments, or they could be emails concerning invoicing and insurance.
Transactional emails reduce a healthcare provider’s dependency on phone calls and conventional mails, which add significant expense and time to connecting directly with patients. Patients do not need to preserve every scrap of paper they received from their healthcare practitioner as transactional emails provide an immediately available record on their phone, tablet, or laptop.
Lifestyle brands and some healthcare providers have a lot in common. Optometrists, Dentist, and Cosmetic clinics will have plenty to sell, whether it’s expensive eyewear, lens care memberships, teeth lightening procedures, or beauty treatments.
Healthcare email marketing, on the other hand, may help promote improved public health campaigns like flu vaccines, smoking cessation support, and weight reduction clinics.
Emails on Patient’s Health
This is when healthcare professionals and email marketers become more patient-centric, sending personalized email campaigns depending on each patient’s requirements, interests, or health goals. However, this is also where marketers may stray from privacy laws. This email approach could target support and community groups, the most recent research on a certain disease, blog articles and other resources, or health care messages.
More targeted marketing could provide relevant health information to individuals. However, this is where you must exercise extreme concerns when it comes to patient privacy. Rather than using a patient’s protected health information (PHI), you can encourage them to subscribe for useful health-related newsletters.
Certain healthcare institutions may seek to inform subscribers about methods to improve patient care. A medical imaging centre, for example, may highlight the most latest technologies it uses to diagnose patients. Alternatively, healthcare email marketing can be utilized to showcase certain practitioners’ experience in order to support company reputation.
The average email open rate for medical, dental, and healthcare email marketing is 21.72%.
These are the four major reasons for why healthcare business essentially should do email marketing :
1.Helps in Awareness of Potential Patients : A healthcare email marketing plan can be used to promote special offers to new patients in a variety of ways. For example, you can ask your current patients to tell their friends or family of your Hospital or specific healthcare services. On the other side, you can send an email to potential patients offering a significant discount on a specific medical procedure or consultation. How do you obtain their email addresses, though? It’s quite easy. Put a signup form on your website or include a pop-up window that asks visitors to:
- Sign up for your healthcare newsletter.
- Allows them to express their concerns about their health.
- Make an appointment online.
- Sign up for some medical discounts.
2.New Patient Onboarding : Onboarding new patients is a challenging process as we must evaluate a number of criteria such as demographics, chronic diseases, privacy regulations, and communication permits. On the other hand, email marketing relieves this burden by offering material that is tailored to the needs of patients, such as:
- Patients with drugs or specific medical problems will receive detailed instructions following their appointment.
- Providing some useful hints or dietary regimens to help people avoid life-threatening situations.
- Setting up new patient forms or online bill payments in advance of their visit.
3.Existing Patients’ Retention : Your healthcare email marketing plan should also priorities patient retention while attracting new ones. According to Invest Consulting, getting a new customer costs five times as much as keeping a current one. Moreover, even increasing the client retention percentage by 5% can raise profits by 25-95 %. Your existing patients are a valuable resource for your healthcare company, especially when new leads are difficult to come by. As a result, it’s more important than ever to establish a solid relationship with your past and current patients in order to keep them loyal to you.
The following are some of the patient retention strategies:
- Observance of prescriptions
- Chronic disease management
- Ensure that patients show up for their appointments
Based on the situations described above, you can create an email automation programme based on specified time or patient-specific behaviours, such as annual exams, expired medications, missed appointments, and so on.
4.Personalizing your Healthcare Brand : Patients typically conduct research online before visiting a Doctor or healthcare facility. In fact, more than three-quarters of potential patients seek hospital ratings before calling a doctor. In healthcare email marketing, trust is critical. As a result, medical marketers must make every effort to establish trust and position their practice as a leader.
A simple approach to do this is to send a newsletter to your patients and potential on a regular basis to offer relevant healthcare-related content and stay on their thoughts while making healthcare decisions about themselves or their dependents.
Best Practices for a Successful Email Marketing Campaign in the Healthcare Industry
Email marketing is becoming more vital than ever for healthcare providers, as we have witnessed. To be successful with this strategy, however, particular techniques must be used rather than simply generating a message and pressing the send button. A well-thought-out concept and high-quality implementation are required to connect effectively with a target patient.
- Get to Know Your Clients :To get the most out of your email marketing, you need to know who your target audience is. Otherwise, you may irritate individuals by conveying ineffective messages. Therefore it is critical to understand your patients, such as their age group and medical issues, before launching any email campaigns.
- Personalized Email Content : Every day, your subscribers are inundated with hundreds of promotional emails. Sending tailored and benefit-driven content will set your email distinct from the rest. You can start personalising your email list by segmenting it based on the subscriber’s individual interests, medical data, age, gender, geography, and other factors.
- Create a Responsive Email Design: The number of people using their mobile phones to check their emails is steadily increasing. According to several marketing estimates on mobile phone users, mobile accounts for at least half of all email opens.
As a result, optimising your existing email marketing approach for small devices is critical if you want to reach more people on the road. You must make sure that the email is responsive and that the information can be read on a variety of devices with different screen widths.
- Keep track of your campaign’s progress : Create a benchmark to measure how far your healthcare email marketing plan has progressed. Because explicit firms have varying variables, traditional industry standards are not appropriate for the healthcare industry. Instead, establish some guidelines based on current medical sector practices and future email marketing communications.
From increasing patient appointments to creating relationships with new ones, the healthcare email marketing plan assists Professionals in the most amazing way conceivable. Without a large budget or a lot of effort, one may reach and provide value to their audience. If you haven’t already done so, use it into your marketing mix to improve your healthcare services and expand your practice.
The healthcare email marketing approach assists professionals in the most amazing method possible, from increasing patient appointments to creating relationships with new ones. Without a large budget or a lot of effort, one may reach and provide value to their audience. If you haven’t already done so, use it into your marketing mix to improve your healthcare services and expand your practice.