California Consumer Privacy Act
What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
The purpose of this act is to provide the consumers of California enhanced privacy rights and consumer protection, this bill was drafted and brought into existence on June 28, 2018.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) has the following objectives:
- The residents are obliged to know what personal data is being collected.
- The consumers from California, have the right to know if their data is being sold or disclosed, if both, then to whom?
- They have the right to access their personal data.
- California citizens should be allowed to exercise their privacy rights.
- The consumers of California have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information.
- Consumers have the right to delete the personal information that has been collected from them.
What is considered personal information according to CCPA?
The following are the types of personal information according to CCPA:
- Postal address, drivers’ license number, passport number, real name, social security number, and any other information that works as a personal identifier.
- Information such as search history, browsing history, interaction with advertisements, websites, and web applications shall also be considered as personal information.
- Fingerprints, geolocation data, and inference from other personal data that can be used to create a profile.
To which businesses is CCPA applicable?
- The whomsoever that do business in California state
- whose annual gross revenue exceeds $25 million.
- Who collects the information of more than 50,000 individuals, households, or devices.
- Who derives 50% or more of their annual revenue by dealing in the personal information of the consumers.
What are the measures adopted by TargetNXT for complying with CCPA?
- The data inventory is updated regularly.
- Necessary tools are employed for proper authentication and documentation.
- We do not indulge in the collection of personal information, only the information related to the profession is collected from trusted sources.
- The processing of privacy policies, time-to-time monitoring, and request handling is taken care of by trained professionals.
- Educating clients regarding the CCPA act.
- We allow the data subjects to OPT-OUT based on their will.
- We have extensively improved the security of your database to fight against data breaches.