General Data Protection Regulation
What is GDPR?
The general data protection regulation policy is legal guidelines regarding the processing and collection of personal information of individuals living in the European Union. This regulation has to be adhered to by all companies or firms using the personal information of individuals belonging to the EU, regardless of which country in the world is the website based.
This policy was first introduced in the year 1995 and has been modified ever since. The current version was upgraded on the 25th of May, 2018. The primary objective of this policy is to uplift the protection of individuals in the territory of the European Union. The general data protection regulation (GDPR) is pertinent to all organizations dealing with the personal data of individuals of the European Union, regardless of EU or Non-EU organizations.
Guidelines applicable to the use of personal data
- The processing of personal information should be done lawfully, fairly, and in a manner of transparency.
- The personal information of an individual should be collected for legitimate purposes with an explicit specification to the data subject at the time of collection.
- Only the necessary personal information for the specified purpose should be collected.
- Necessary steps have to be taken to keep the data accurate and up-to-date, the rectification and update of data have to be done without any delay.
- Personal information of an individual has to be withheld only till it is necessary for the specified purpose.
- Appropriate technical measures of industry standards have to be employed to ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of personal information.
- The data controller shall be responsible for demonstrating the GDPR policy compliance along with these principles.
Citizens of the EU are granted the following set of rights
Right to Information
Right to access information
Right to Rectification
Right to Erasure
Right to Data Portability
Right to Object
DOES TargetNXT COMPLY WITH GDPR?
The following are measures taken to ensure GDPR compliance:
Source of information: The personal information of individuals comes from legitimate and trustworthy sources such as – market surveys, seminars, conferences, websites, business listings, etc.
Thorough validation and verification: before delivering the contact information to our clients, it is thoroughly verified and validated through emails and calls.
Data Scrubbing: All the data present in our databases regularly are cleansed, updated, and certified.
Data processing: A data protection officer is appointed in our company to monitor data processing.
Data Policy: Our data policies are designed in such a way as to prioritize data privacy.
Data Permission: The collection of data takes place strictly based on permission.